Love Notre Dame? Leave a lasting legacy by joining the Stephen Theodore Badin Guild.
What is the Badin Guild?
Planned gifts create extraordinary opportunities to support Notre Dame. The Badin Guild comprises alumni, parents, and friends who, through thoughtful estate planning, deferred giving, and other forms of planned giving, ensure that resources will be available to support Notre Dame far into the future.
The Badin Guild is named in honor of Father Stephen Theodore Badin, who was the first Roman Catholic priest ordained in America and who also made the first major benefaction to Notre Dame—a “planned gift” of more than 500 acres of land that led to the founding of the University of Notre Dame.
The impact of planned gifts on the history and future of Notre Dame is immeasurable. The single largest scholarship on campus was funded with a bequest, and buildings like the Eck Hall of Law, the Guglielmino Athletics Complex, and the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center all resulted from planned gifts. Planned gifts help repair equipment, keep the grounds beautiful, and renovate buildings.
The impact of your own planned gift, which qualifies you for membership in the Badin Guild, will last forever and impact generations of students at Our Lady’s University.
How do I become a member?
Joining the Badin Guild is easy! Simply inform us in writing that you have included Notre Dame in your estate plans and provide us with one of the following pieces of documentation:
- A completed signed Estate Gift Confirmation form
- A copy of the pertinent provisions in your will or trust
- A copy of the life insurance policy naming the University as beneficiary
- A letter from your attorney stating that you have included Notre Dame in your estate plans
- Or simply contact Greg Dugard at (574) 631-5776 or email@example.com.
Your information will be kept confidential. It is important that we know of your intention, to enable the University to plan for the future. Most important, it gives us the opportunity to thank you and to work with you on specifics of your intention.
What are the Badin Guild membership experiences?
As a member of the Stephen Theodore Badin Guild, you will receive:
- A memento emblematic of membership
- Invitations to exclusive Badin Guild events
- The University’s Annual Report
- News and communications from the Badin Guild and the Office of Gift Planning
- Irish Insights, the newsletter of the Office of Gift Planning with timely information on investments, taxes, and estate planning
- Additional University special communications including:
The President’s eNewsletter
Notre Dame Magazine
We are pleased to offer our valued Badin Guild members the following exclusive on—campus discounts and special member dining opportunities with the presentation of a valid personalized Badin Guild membership card.
Discounts and Dining on Campus
- 20% off selected merchandise at the Warren Golf Course Pro Shop—see Pro Shop for details
- 20% off all merchandise (golf clubs, golf bags, and gift cards excluded) at the Warren Golf Course online pro shop: warrengolfcourse.com
- 10% off meals at Sorin’s & Leahy’s in The Morris Inn (beverages excluded)
- 10% off room reservations at The Morris Inn (some blackout dates apply)
- Free appetizer or dessert with the purchase of two or more entrees at Legends of Notre Dame
- 10% off food purchases at Greenfields International Café in the Hesburgh Center for International Studies
- Free gelato scoop upgrade at Irish Ink (in the Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore)
- $1.00 brewed coffee (regular size) at Irish Ink (in the Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore)—available on ND football game day
Membership experiences are subject to change without notice.Back